Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
About the Company: The Hudson’s Bay Company (HBC; French: Compagnie de la Baie d’Hudson CBH) is a Canadian retail business group. A fur trading business for much of its existence, HBC now owns and operates retail stores in Canada and the United States. In 2006 HBC was sold for $1.1 billion to an American businessman, Jerry Zucker, and as such is no longer a Canadian-owned company. The company sold most of its European operations by August 2019 and its remaining stores, in the Netherlands, were closed by the end of 2019. HBC owns the Saks Fifth Avenue and Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th stores in the United States; most other American operations were sold by mid-2019 and the last remaining stores (Lord & Taylor chain) were sold prior to the end of 2019.
The successful candidate will primarily focus delivering results through the development and execution of world-class analytics methodology. He/she will support Saks Fifth Avenue’s strategies through the delivery of quality data, analytical insights, technical and business centric recommendations. The ability to think strategically about customer and business challenges and proactively propose solutions will be critical to their success Forward thinking is the key to this role as new technologies and opportunities present themselves.
- Gather and translate business requirements on key projects
- Effectively manage project assignments and documentation, including establishing and communicating overall priority and defining project scope, deliverables and timing. Communicate assignment status against goals ongoing. Generate ad-hoc reporting/insights
- Develop and present clear and comprehensive findings/recommendations to leadership on key initiatives
- Integrate existing analytical tools (reports, models, etc.) into analytical deliverables, analyze and interpret/manipulate data (HR databases, Teradata/Data-warehouse, 3rdparty) from disparate sources, translate data findings and interpretation of business requirement into actionable information
- Automate and streamline operational processes.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics Technology
- 0 to 1 years of experience in analytics, reporting database management
- Working knowledge of one of the following languages R, Python
- Working knowledge of Excel and MS Office tools, knowledge of VBA and Macros is added advantage
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following dash boarding tools Tableau, Power-BI or Qlikview
- Knowledge of SQL programming tool like MS SQL, PLSQL, MS ACCESS
- Knowledge of Statistical Techniques like Hypothesis Testing, Sampling will be added advantage.
How to Apply: